October 27 - 29, 2021
12:30 - 4:00 pm EST
I have extended access to this page to give you more time to work on the projects! The videos will be available until Dec. 15, 2021. Happy painting!
This is our private workshop page. Please bookmark or add to your reading list so you will be able to find it easily.
This webpage contains lots of important information. Please take the time to scroll down and read it.
Hello! I am delighted that we will be painting together, I hope you will enjoy our workshop and learn loads of new ideas and techniques. Thanks go to Edwina and Cheap Joe's for hosting this watercolour landscape event.
The main demonstration videos will be posted here after the workshop. It takes a day or two for me to have the videos prepared and uploaded to this website, so please be patient. I am offering the videos for you to paint along with for 30 days. Do not share. This page is only visible to the workshop students.
Below you will find some reference photos, a general supply list, specific colours that I use in my demonstrations and a few student handouts.
There is no need to print the images or handouts, just slide them onto your desktop to keep for your files. (Click, hold, drag, drop)
However, if you wish to print anything on this page, rather than printing directly from the website (and using a lot of ink!) just take a screen shot of the image or click and drag the images onto your desktop. You may need to resize before printing.
Before the workshop
1) Gather your painting gear - if you don't have everything, you can improvise.
2) Watch this video:
3) Scroll to the bottom of this page to watch a Landscape Design Video that I have created for you.
4) Don't worry - this is going to be fun and you can do it!
On the days of the workshop have your paints and supplies ready to start painting!
See you soon, Linda
If you need to contact me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Kemp www.lindakemp.com
Specific colours for each of the main projects are posted below each of the painting projects.
- A selection of round and flat brushes
- A natural bristle brush such as a 1" Cheap Joe's Skipper or similar from the hardware store (must be natural bristle) for days 2 & 3
- Your favourite watercolour paints (you will need some fresh paint for days 2 & 3 otherwise work from your palette)
- A non-porous work surface i.e. plexi-glass or a countertop
- 10 - 12 small pieces of watercolour paper (1 full sheet divided into pieces - my favourite sizes are (in inches) 5.5 x 7.5, 7.5 x 7.5, 11 x 7.5. A full sheet measuring approx. 22" x 30" will divide into these sizes without waste.
This is my usual watercolour supply kit to give you a general idea of the types of products that I use. You do not need all of the colours in this kit.
Colours for this demonstration
Colours for this demonstration
Be sure to also have some Ultramarine Blue
We will be doing a lot of small paintings on day 3, so get ready to paint, paint, paint! Here are three of several pieces you will learn to create. We will use one plan and create variations on the design.
Have your favourite landscape colours ready to go. We will use fresh paint. Here are the selection I use in my demonstrations.
Plus an opaque such as Yellow Ochre, white or Holbein Jaune Brilliant. You do not have to use opaque if you prefer to only work with transparent colours.
You may use your own photos but I suggest that you use the photos that I am providing here. These may not inspire you as much as your own photos but I will be using them and they will teach you soooooo much!
Bonus video! See the landscape in a different way.